August 31, 2010

SVL Extension: Track Centerlines

Since I finished laying the foam table top, I was anxious to start transfering the trackplan from paper to the layout and see how it was going to fit. I first removed the backdrop to get easier access. Then, I started laying out the track centerlines. It wasn't long before I realized that some of the track was not going to fit as I planned it. Namely, where the end curve meets the 3 track area. I also wanted to improve the S-curves on the other end of that curve. So, I modifed the trackplan as shown (red circles).



From there, it was just a matter of drawing out the plan, test fitting turnouts, and carefully drawing good curve radiuses.

Take a look and see how it all flows. I'm am very happy with how it turned out.









Next, I will start laying cork. But, I have to cut my own first. More next time.

No comments:

Post a Comment