September 28, 2010

SVL Extension: Odds and Ends

Well the hot weather finally broke here in Texas. With the cooler temperatures, I have been taking care of some honey-dos around the house that I had been putting off. I didn't get to devote as much time to the layout as I wanted but I did manage to do a few things.

I did some more track demo in the area where the new extension will join the existing layout. I needed to remove some turnouts and make a few track adjustments that will fit the new plan. Here is that area ready for new track to be laid.



I also was able to paint the backdrop the sky color.



Finally, I fixed a couple of the fascia cleats that were a little twisted.



If I can get those darned house projects out of the way, I can enjoy this cool weather working on the railroad. More to come.

1 comment:

  1. Mike, looking good. At this rate you'll be ready for a layout tour in November! ;-)

    ReplyDelete